Fleet insurance

Everything you need to know about your lease insurance

Fleet insurance

Everything you need to know about your lease insurance

Insurance for the car

Insurance may or may not be included in the contract, depending on the type of lease. Does your lease include insurance? If so, KBC Autolease has taken out cover in your name and on your behalf including:

  • Third-party liability motor insurance  
  • Legal assistance insurance 
  • Insurance for bodily injury accidents  
  • Risk Arrangement  

View your insurance special conditions. (PDF-FR)

If your lease contract does not include insurance, you should notify your insurance company before your lease begins so that you will be insured when you begin to use the car.

Green card

The green card is your insurance certificate. Make sure it is in your car at all times. Don’t forget to keep an eye on the date on the card: once it expires, you are no longer insured.

Have you lost your green card or has it expired? Apply for a new one using the form on our website.

Claims history certificate

The claims history certificate lists all the accidents in which you have been involved in the past five years. If you want to take out a new motor insurance policy you will need this certificate. The insurer uses your claims history to calculate your premium.

Need a claims history certificate? You can request one using this form on our website.

Insurance for the trailer/caravan

If your lease car is insured via KBC Autolease, the trailer/caravan is covered by the third-party insurance. This is, however, on condition that the trailer/caravan:

  • Weighs a maximum of 3.5 tonnes;
  • Is coupled to the vehicle.

You will need to take out additional cover for when it is uncoupled and for trailers/caravans over 3.5 tonnes.

Contact KBC Autolease

Insurance abroad

Your insurance cover applies in:

  • All EU member states
  • Switzerland
  • Norway

If you want to drive outside the EU, you need to request an insurance certificate from KBC Autolease. If you cannot present this certificate to the authorities in these countries, they might impound your vehicle.

The lease car may not be used in countries outside the EU for which no certificate is available.

Breakdown abroad or other questions? Give us a call at +352 310 103-1.

Luggage in your car

Your luggage is insured up to a maximum of € 250. However, certain objects are excluded, such as a computer or telephone equipment and a portable gps.

Contact KBC Autolease

Car breakdown cover

The standard assistance cover we offer gives you 24/7 roadside assistance for your vehicle and its occupants. Learn more
Car breakdown cover