Insurance and risk arrangement

Driver and cycle with peace of mind

Insurance and risk arrangement

Driver and cycle with peace of mind

Insurance and risk arrangement for your car

Feeling secure in your car is worth its weight in gold. That’s why KBC Autolease offers quality motor insurance and a risk arrangement for full peace of mind. But what is actually included in the insurance? And does it also cover trailers and driving abroad? See below for answers to these and many more questions.

1.  If you have a contract that includes an insurance and risk arrangement, KBC Autolease has taken out the following cover in your name and on your behalf:

  • Third-party liability motor insurance
    Covers loss, damage or injury suffered by others if you cause an accident for which you are liable.
  • Legal assistance insurance for traffic-related incidents
    Enables you to recover the cost of any damage to your vehicle from the person liable and provides legal assistance.

  • Driver’s bodily injury insurance (optional)
    Reimburses the medical expenses of the driver for bodily injuries sustained in a traffic accident, regardless of whether he/she is at fault or not.

  • Risk arrangement
    KBC Autolease assumes the risks of the car being completely written off and of a partial loss (such as due to theft, your own negligence, storm damage or glass breakage).

2.    If your contract doesn’t include insurance, you may need to contact the insurance company that insures your vehicle.  

Request a new certificate of insurance by e-mail to

You can do that using a Claims History Certificate application form, which can be found in Forms.

  • Coupled trailers: if the lease vehicle is insured through KBC Autolease, a trailer with a maximum authorised mass (MAM) of 3.5 tonnes is included in the third party motor insurance cover for the lease vehicle, as long as it is attached to the vehicle. The above insurance only covers damage caused to third parties, not damage caused to the trailer/caravan itself.
  • Uncoupled trailers and trailers with an MAM of over 3.5 tonnes require additional insurance cover. A KBC Insurance agent can help you with this.

The vehicle is covered by insurance in all the countries listed on the back of the green card.
If a country isn't listed, you'll not be covered by insurance for that country.

Please note that for any trip outside Europe, you should contact our services at as there are specific procedures (European assistance only, obligation to have a certificate, etc.).

Luggage or other items in your vehicle are never insured, so not covered.

Learn more

Have questions or want to know more about car or bicycle insurance? Talk to KBC Autolease today.

Contact KBC Autolease