Important reminder: if you are not insured through KBC Autolease (i.e. if your lease contract does not include an insurance and risk arrangement), please contact your fleet manager as soon as possible in the event of damage or an accident.
Technical repairs must be carried out by official dealers or workshops in Belgium or Luxemburg. You can find a list of dealers on the website of your brand.
Bodywork repairs must be carried out by a bodywork repair shop approved by KBC Autolease in Belgium or Luxemburg. Consult the list of recognised bodywork repair shops.
I need roadside assistance
- If you have a KBC Autolease assistance insurance, please contact KBC Autolease Assistance at +352 26 31 00 97. This service is available 24 hours a day. For roadside assistance, KBC Autolease works with the VAB breakdown service. You are entitled to assistance when your vehicle has become immobilised due to breakdown, accident, theft or attempted theft, vandalism, fire or a stolen number plate.
- If you do not have an assistance insurance, please contact your fleet manager.
My vehicle has a damaged window
- Your lease contract includes insurance and risk coverage. Make an appointment with AutoGlas (www.autoglas.lu, Bertrange, phone 800 29 797 or +352 29 01 50-1) or AutoVitres (www.autovitres.com, Pétange, phone +352 26 65 35). They will repair chips in your car window or replace it if necessary. You don't need to report these to KBC Autolease. If a repair is needed outside of Luxemburg, please contact Carglass.
- Your lease contract does not include an insurance and risk arrangement: please contact your fleet manager.
I was in an accident involving another party
You must submit a correctly completed European accident statement to KBC Autolease to report an accident with the other party:
- Complete the European accident statement fully and correctly.
- Sign the statement. Both drivers must sign the statement.
- Send the accident statement to the claims department. Scan the accident statement and email it to email@example.com or send it by mail to KBC Autolease Luxembourg, 89B rue Pafebruch, L-8308 Capellen.
- Make an appointment with a licensed bodywork repairer for the repair.
KBC Autolease creates a dossier and will take care of the administrative tasks from then on them.
I was in an accident not involving another party
To report an accident not involving another party, all you have to do is correctly complete the form and send it to KBC Autolease. You do not, therefore, have to complete a European accident statement.
Which steps do you have to take?
- Download the "Report new accident without other party" form (see forms and statements) and save it on your computer.
- Complete the form and save it.
- Email this document to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it by post to: KBC Autolease Luxembourg, 89B rue Pafebruch, L-8308 Capellen.
We will send an email to confirm receipt of your claim report and we will fully process your file.
Are your tyres worn or irreparably damaged? Have them replaced by a licensed tyre centre. Note: The legally required minimum profile depth is 1.6 mm. In case of doubt, you can have your tyres checked by a licensed tyre centre.
You can only drive with winter tyres from 1 October to 30 April and you can only have them placed if these are included in your lease contract. If in doubt, please contact your fleet manager. Winter tyres can only be placed in a licensed tyre centre.
- If you already have a set of winter tyres: Please contact the licensed tyre centre where your tyres are kept. If you don't know where your winter tyres are kept, please contact KBC Autolease (352) 31 01 03-1.
- If you don't have winter tyres: please make an appointment with a licensed tyre centre. The tyre centre will directly contact our technical department to request approval for placing the tyres.
Is a garage also permitted to replace tyres during servicing?
This is permitted if the following conditions are met:
- It becomes clear during maintenance or repair that the tyres are worn.
- The (licensed) garage will first make a request via the MRT platform and will respect the agreed terms and conditions.
Is fuel included in my lease contract?
- You can refuel at all Esso, Q8, Shell and Total petrol stations in Belgium with a NFC card .
- A Shell card allows you refuel at all Esso and Shell petrol stations.
- A Total card allows you to refuel at all Total petrol stations.
Depending on the card type, you can refuel in Luxemburg and/or all of Europe.
My card is blocked
If your petrol card was blocked after having entered the incorrect PIN three times, it is automatically released again after 48 hours.
My card has been stolen or is lost
Immediately contact KBC Autolease (+352 310 103-1 or email@example.com) so that we can block your card. You will need to request a new petrol card. This is done by completing the request form, which you can find in "forms and statements".
I've forgotten my PIN code, the fuel card is defective or can't be read any more
Can I also use my fuel card for a replacement vehicle?
If the fuel card is valid for all products, and if the fleet manager permits this, the fuel card can also be used for the replacement vehicle. In order to avoid any deviations in the mileage overview of your company car, we request that you enter number 1 as your mileage.
Can the amount I paid out of my own pocket to refuel the vehicle be reimbursed?
You can recoup refuelling that you paid yourself (e.g. because the fuel card did not work), provided the following conditions are met:
- Refuelling can only be recouped in respect of lease contracts that include fuel consumption.
- This must be done within six months after refuelling.
- You can recoup no more than three refuelling invoices per form.
- The signature of your fleet manager is required.
What you need to do
- Electronically complete the "repayment refuelling" form that you can find in "forms and statements" and print the form.
- Have the form signed by your fleet manager.
- Send the completed and signed form and the original proof
(refuelling receipts) to:
KBC Autolease Luxembourg
Parc d’Activités Capellen
89B rue Pafebruch
Are you a legal person and did you receive a notice for immediate collection of a traffic fine?
Are you a legal person and did you receive a notice for immediate
collection of a traffic fine?
A legal person is an organisation or institution which has the same legal rights and obligations as a natural person.
If you received a notice for immediate collection of a traffic fine
and you are a legal person, then you are required to notify the
police of the identity of the driver of the company vehicle at the
time of the violation. If you do not have any idea who was
driving the vehicle at the time of the violation, the police should be
notified of the identity of the person who usually drives the
This should be done within fifteen days after the send date of the notice for immediate collection, otherwise, you may be prosecuted.
How do you notify the police of the identity of the driver of the company car?
Download and fill in the traffic violation contestation form
available online at www.trafficfines.be, and sign and send the
completed form to PB 30046, 1000 Brussels.
Are you the driver and did you receive a notice for immediate collection of a traffic fine?
- If you agree to the fine, you can pay the amount in one
go before the stipulated date via one of three
- Online at www.trafficfines.be
- Using the QR code that is provided on the official police report that you received
Via bank transfer. Always remember to mention the
standard-format reference, otherwise the issuing authority will
not be able to allocate your payment to the relevant traffic
fine. In that case, the fine remains unpaid and the authority or
the public prosecutor will send a reminder. If still no payment
is made, then a summons will be sent.
What if you do not pay the fine or pay after the stipulated date? Then you will risk receiving a higher fine via amicable settlement. And if you still do not pay this fine, you will receive an 'order to pay' with an even higher fine as a result.
- If you were not the
driver of the car at the time of the traffic violation,
- Fill in the online traffic violation contestation form at www.trafficfines.be
- Mention in the form who the driver was at the time of the traffic violation
Print out the completed form, sign it and send it
to PB 30046, 1000 Brussels within 15 days of the send date of
the notice for immediate collection.
- If you were the driver of the car at the time of the traffic
violation, but you do not agree with the violation or the
amount of the fine, then:
- Fill in the online traffic violation contestation form at www.trafficfines.be
- Print out the completed form, sign it and send it to PB 30046, 1000 Brussels within 15 days of the send date of the notice for immediate collection.
Note: If the public prosecutor does not accept your
contestation, then you will risk a higher fine or be summoned before
the police court.
For more information, go to www.trafficfines.be
What should I do if I get a private company parking ticket?
- If you agree with the private company parking ticket issued to you, you are advised to pay the amount due as soon as possible, quoting the remittance information.
- If you do not agree with the private company parking ticket, you always need to contact the parking management company direct.
The first notification is a note under the windshield wiper. In the event of a late payment, you will receive a first reminder for the amount of the original parking ticket. After this, additional costs are charged. A second reminder is paid immediately by KBC Autolease (costs of the original parking ticket + additional costs) and passed on to the customer.
If you have paid in the meantime, you can receive a refund of the initial parking ticket by directly contacting the parking company with proof of payment.
What should I do if I receive a fine abroad?
If you are fined for a traffic violation abroad, we ask that you always comply with the procedure in the country in question and pay on time. If you do not agree with the fine, you need to contact the issuing authority.
Am I allowed to drive a Luxembourg-registered company car in Belgium?
Yes, you are. However, you must carry the following papers with you in the vehicle at all times:
- a copy of your employment contract;
- a document by which your foreign employer confirms that it has made the vehicle available to you;
- to qualify for the exemption, the foreign company providing you with the vehicle has to have been your employer at the time. That means you need to be in the company’s salaried employment.
Can other people drive your Luxembourg-registered company car in Belgium?
The driver of the foreign-registered company car at the time of the accident needn’t necessarily be the company’s Belgian employee but the two must live under the same roof. Drivers in breach of the provisions on road tax and vehicle registration tax have to make payment of not only the tax but also a penalty amounting to twice the unpaid tax but no less than 100 euros and no more than 1 250 euros. But only if they’re caught and then found guilty of the offence.
Find the answers to frequently asked questions regarding car insurance. Should you have any other questions, please contact KBC Autolease. Our specialists have extensive knowledge and will be glad to assist you.